Monday, October 23, 2006

Good morning.
Friday afternoon I typed this really long message about going to Michael's craft store and all these emotions I had while I was there... blogger died and lost it. I couldn't re-type it, I had carpal tunnel after typing it! haha!
So, my weekend was so uneventful (unlike Ms. Niecybelle)! Her weekend sounded like a blast!
I cleaned Saturday. I went to a pig roast/wedding reception Saturday evening. It was small and intimate and very casual. A guy I work with got married. I took Tucker with me and we had a good time. Tucker was so well behaved! I just kept telling him "you are being so good, I'm so proud of you, keep it up, we're almost done and we can leave". What a doll he was!
Yesterday, my mom came over after church and I cut and colored her hair. That was it. That was my weekend.
AH! My husband did pull a shocker on me! He whispered something to Tucker Saturday morning and then they left. I assumed to get donuts. Well, they were gone, and gone and gone, for like an hour and a half! The donut shop is just around the corner. Well, finally the got home and Tim stood at the garage door with a funny smile on his face and Tucker comes sneaking in w/ something behind his back. WELL! I got flowers, a bear and a card for sweetest day! I didn't even know it was sweetest day!! I was suprised!!! It was so wonderful and made me feel so special!!! Now, you've got to know my hubby, he's not the romantic kind. Really neither of us are very romantic. So for him to remember and to do something so sweet was really a true gesture of appreciation and love. It made my day!!! :-)

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Ugh! You ended up going! You should have called, we would have gladly arranged to babysit! I am glad Tucker did so well....but I am sorry that we weren't there when you needed us. ;(

I am so glad Tim did that for you. That is so sweet. Sounds like things are going better?

Love ya, girl.

Patricia Marie said...

WHY GOD CREATED CHILDREN (AND IN THE PROCESS GRANDCHILDREN)
>

>
> To those of us who have children in our lives,
>
> whether they are our own, grandchildren, nieces,
> nephews, or students...
> here is something to make you chuckle.
> Whenever your children are out of control,
> you can take comfort from the thought that
> even God's omnipotence did not extend
> to His own children.
> After creating heaven and earth,
> God created Adam and Eve.
> And the first thing he said was "DON'T!"
>
> "Don't what?" Adam replied.
>
> "Don't eat the forbidden fruit." God said.
>
> "Forbidden fruit? We have forbidden fruit?
> Hey Eve..we have forbidden fruit!"
>
> " No Way!"
> "Yes way!"
> "Do NOT eat the fruit! " said God.
>
> "Why?"
>
> "Because I am your Father and I said so! " God replied,
> wondering why He hadn't stopped creation after making the elephants.
>
> A few minutes later, God saw His children having an apple break
> and He was ticked!
> "Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit? " God asked.
>
> "Uh huh," Adam replied.
>
> "Then why did you? " said the Father.
>
> "I don't know," said Eve.
>
> "She started it! " Adam said.
>
> "Did not! "
> "Did too! "
> "DID NOT! "
>
> Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and
> Eve
> should have children of their own.
> Thus the pattern was set and it has never changed.
> BUT THERE IS REASSURANCE IN THE STORY!
>
> If you have persistently and lovingly tried to give children wisdom and
> they haven't taken it, don't be hard on yourself.
If God had trouble raising children, what makes you think it would be
> a piece of cake for you?
>
> THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!
>
>
> 1. You spend the first two years of their life
> teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend
> the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.
>
> 2. Grandchildren are God's reward
> for not killing your own children.
>
> 3. Mothers of teens now know why
> some animals eat their young.
>
> 4. Children seldom misquote you.
In fact, they usually repeat word for word
> what you shouldn't have said.
>
> 5. The main purpose of holding children's parties
> is to remind yourself that there are children
> more awful than your own.
>
> 6. We childproofed our homes,
> but they are still getting in.
>
>
> ADVICE FOR THE DAY:
>
> Be nice to your kids.
> They will choose your
> nursing home one day.
>
> AND FINALLY:
>
> IF YOU ! HAVE A LOT OF TENSION
> AND YOU GET A HEADACHE,
> DO WHAT IT SAYS
> ON THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE:
>
> "TAKE TWO ASPIRIN"
> AND "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN"!!!!!

(Thought you'd get a laugh)

Holli said...

Oh thanks for laugh Pat! It's true - why did I ever think this would be a breeze?
Kristi, I did end up going but only because I decided Sat. afternoon that I had stayed home all day and needed to get out of the house. Tucker was awesome and was no problem! I will ask J to sit again someday. It's all good!BTW: How was dinner w/ Grandma and did she love the book?