Saturday, January 13, 2007

Oh I am sOoooooooOOOOO bored!!
My kid has been diagnosed with Mono. I have been couped in this prison er I mean house for a week with a sick kid (with the exception of work but that doesn't count as it's a prison of it's own)!
He's dying to play with someone, he misses his friends, he misses school and he's starting to get some of his energy back and he's driving me crazy! But he's still so sick that he wakes me up at least 3-4 times a night crying because his throat hurts. Poor kid! Poor mom! LOL!
I was supposed to color a friends hair today but had to cancel I don't want to infect anyone else with strep throat and mono. Although he's been on antibiotics long enough that strep isn't contagious anymore.
So doctors and dosing meds is all I've done for days. The highlight of my day was cleaning house... woo-hoo! Oh wait... me and the hubby did steal a few minutes to ourselves w/o Tucker.
So, he's had the TV on Disney channel ALLLLLLL stinkin' day. So, I came in here and decided to catch up on the videos and music that ya'll have on your sites since I can't do it at work. Oh Ellie... thank you soooo much for introducing me to Chantel! WOW! Leaving on a Jet Plane by her is my new hit! It's going to my mp3 like now! And Wild Horses live! Man she's awesome! I'm always looking for a good somewhat unknown artist!
Wish I was leaving on a jet plane headed to Montanna to see my sister who will also love Chantel.
Rain - that's all we've had for days. Beats snow, but man, it's hard to fight off the blues!
The Lord has blessed me and I shouldn't be complaining. I'm gratelful it's only mono and not some viscous form of lukemia! I'm grateful I got two minutes with my husband rather than be a widow of a slain officer. I'm grateful it's raining and I've not lost a loved one in an avalanche. I give the Lord praise! He really has renewed my spirit. I hit a season of sorrow and negativity. That's not me, I'm a bubbly person. I've prayed for Him to make me, me again and He's answered . I took my troubles to the Lord, I cried out to Him and he answered my prayer Psalm 120:1.
I had a guy tell me once I reminded him of a can of shaken coke. If you opened me I'd explode everywhere I was so bubbly. My husband once told me one thing he loved about me was he could depend on my mood, I was always even, always had a smile. Well, I hit a season of depression or negativity but I'm back now. Stronger and better than ever because of God. I'll hit another season again when He's ready to move me to yet another level. Next time I hope I can praise Him through it.
Hope you are having a happy and HEALTHY weekend!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I'm glad you're mood has brightened up! Your post put me in a better mood by just reading it!

And I'm thrilled that you like Chantal Kreviazuk! She's a huge star here in Canada, but not so well known south of the border.

neicybelle said...

i'm so glad to see you smiling again! don't you love chantal? i only have the one cd...i've got to get her others!