Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So as Kris so kindly pointed out (just kidding Kris) yesterday was my birthday. I had a great weekend. My friends from here at work and I went to the Funnybone comedy club Friday night and saw Christian Finnegan. He was SO very funny! We had a great time. Saturday Tucker had b-ball game and I did another head of hair (which turned out FABU). Then I took my dad out for dinner to my favorite mexican resturant (El Dorado) for his birthday dinner (his is the 12th). Then Sunday was church and went to moms for dinner (mexican) :-) and birthday cake. I was born in Mt View California. My parents lived in San Jose and there was a mexican family that lived next door. My mom got some amazing recipes from them and so every b-day I ask her to make them. So yummy! I do feel a bit like I am living in Calif. right now. The weather here as been so fabulous. I can remember having a b-day party outside when I was 4. Dad told me the other day we went swimming one year for Christmas. There was a community pool across the street from our house. Man! I can handle a green Christmas! Yesterday I didn't do anything special. I worked, did some shopping and went home. My hubby and I haven't spoken a word to each in almost a week now. So he of course did nothing for my b-day. Which isn't unusual even when we're getting along he's usually a week late! Our 1st wedding anniv I didn't get anything for like a month. And that's only because I cried!
My heart hurts but I'm in prayer, trying to stay postive. Tucker doesn't have a clue that anything is wrong so that's good! He said yessterday morning (as we were waiting for the daycare teacher to show up) I miss my daddy. I wish he worked 3rd shift and not 2nd shift (I swear he said it) he said I want my daddy home at night with me to play.
Now let me tell you - it took all that I had to not cry! I said I understand buddy, mommy misses him too very much. That's all I could say. Now see, now he's hurting my kid with this stupid job. Can anyone out there in blogger world explain the need to me to play cops and robbers? I mean you aren't accomlishing anything. The stupid judge lets them right back out or half the time they post bond before you have even finished the paperwork. Why would anyone in their right mind choose to do this job over time with their family? I don't get it. I don't understand it and I never will. So anyways... we are roomies - he's gone by 2:45 and I get home about 4:00 I'm in bed at 9 he gets home at 11:30. I get up at 5:00am and he's in bed. So we never see each other. He never has time to talk on the phone when he's working so he doesn't have time for us anymore. That's what I wanted to tell Tucker but I decided to take the high road. Yeah me (said in a very sarcastic tone).
Anyways...I am looking forward to the weekend. I can't wait to see Tucker Christmas morning. I can't wait to play with his toys with him. That kid makes my life! He's so cool!
Hope you have a FESTIVE day!

3 comments:

Patricia Marie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Holli. Your post today is so full of loniliness at a time when the Christmas spirit should be filling your heart. I am thinking of you today.

Pam said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

neicybelle said...

happy late birthday, holli...i'm so sorry you're going through all of this...take care of yourself...ok?